Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

A Career Change for the Wife

I’ve got some exciting news! I recently started a new job. Actually, I recently started a new career. It was a big, bold and kind of scary move but it was time for a change. I took a deep breath, pinched my nose and dove head first into the wonderful world of wedding and event planning.

Now everyday is new and exciting. I’ve met fascinating people (florists, photographers and cake bakers, oh my!) I love working along with such creative people and taking in all their talents.

What I love about this job is how different each day is. I have plenty of time in the studio to work on projects that really get me thinking. But I also get to roll up my sleeves and do some heavy lifting. Literally. Those bistro tables and receptions chairs don’t get set up by themselves.

photo by Cynthia Brown

You can read all about my new gig here.

It is so refreshing to wake up excited to get dressed and get down to business. Seriously, life is so great when your job feels like more fun than it does work. And it’s too short to not do what you love! I am so glad I made the decision to change careers. 

I hope everyone else is enjoying this sunny Friday as much as I am! Tell me, what's new with you?

XOXO
Libby

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying a sunny Saturday instead! (Stormy in MN yesterday...boo).

    But seriously, so excited for your new venture! I'm still working toward that feeling...the wake-up-and-work-doesn't-feel-like-work feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Libby! All the best and I'm glad to hear you were so brave to dive into something you are really enjoying. You did a great job planning your own wedding and I'm sure you'll do so well on this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete