Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Honeymoon is Over: A Fresh Start for Follow the Wife

  If the honeymoon has to end, it might as well end with a cocktail and a creepy totem pole.

Greetings, blog readers. It’s been quiet here for a while, but I hope you’re still there. I can explain: I took a short hiatus to do some reflecting on the meaning of this blog. I started writing Follow the Bride posts over at Creative Odds ‘n Ends to chronicle my wedding planning adventures. It became a place to gather opinions and share the many tips I was learning along the way. I love that I now have each step of the planning process documented and can look back on that exciting time whenever I want. It’s sometimes hard to believe that a year ago today Keith and I had just attended the final walk through at our wedding venue. I blinked and suddenly we are one month away from our first anniversary. How did that happen?!

Since last spring I’ve been writing about my new adventures as a married woman. I’ve shared my favorite pictures from our honeymoon and discussed important family purchases. I created this blog to illustrate my journey through wifedom. My hope is that it picks up where all the wedding blogs leave off to give readers and intimate and honest look at what it’s like to be a newlywed. Recently, though, things were getting a little cluttered and I didn’t think my message was getting through. Well, I’ve polished off the old thinking cap and I’m ready to take a second crack at it. Here we go, folks. As they like to say, "The honeymoon is over!"

2 comments: