Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Support Our Troops: 2011 Holiday Care Package Drive

It’s Thanksgiving week! Let’s kick it off with a great way to give thanks. Jacin of Lovely Little Details has organized a care package drive for the troops. The U.S. soldiers are top on my list of things I’m thankful for this year. I’ve seen first hand how much they sacrifice so that we can live a better life. So many men and women who are serving overseas will be spending the holiday away from their families. I think sending a care package is a small thing we can do to make someone’s Christmas a little better. 

Follow this link to see how you can get involved.


 Putting together a care package is fun. I know, I’ve been sending them to my brother since July. When people ask him what he wants or needs, he always replies that just getting mail is nice. Send a soldier a letter, a finger painting, anything. It really will make a difference.

My family is very lucky right now because our soldier is home for Thanksgiving! My brother arrived Friday night, after 5 days of traveling. We didn’t do much over the weekend but it was great to have my family all in one room again. That doesn’t happen very often these days.


Now I’m hoping these next few days fly by so I can head back home for Thanksgiving. More family time! Stuffing! Mashed Potatoes! Pumpkin martinis! Pie!

How are you giving thanks this holiday season? I hope you’ll visit anysoldier.com, and spread the word. Tweet it, blog it, Facebook it!

2 comments:

  1. so happy your brother is home for the holidays! thanks for getting involved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started shopping for my soldier this weekend :-) Enjoy every moment of your brother's time home! I'm so grateful for soldiers like him.

    ReplyDelete