With that, here’s a list of things that I’m looking forward to this month.
• I’m going to a roller derby match this weekend! I’ve always wanted to see one and I’m really excited about it! But hmm, what does one wear to a roller derby match?
• We have reservations at the Union League Café in New Haven in a week! It’s the best restaurant in the city and we’ll share the meal with our parents. I love going out to fancy new restaurants—it’s one of the things I miss about living in New York. Luckily, New Haven has some pretty great restaurants and lots of restaurant week deals to take advantage of!
• My brother is coming home! He gets two week leave and it’s timed perfectly with his favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. I can’t wait to see him.
This is how my brother spends most of his holidays.
• Thanksgiving! I can’t wait to eat mashed potatoes, stuffing, mom’s famous spinach squares and pie. And then I’m going to wash it all down with a pumpkin martini. And this year will be even better because we’ve invited more cousins!
Here I am at my first Thanksgiving with my two grandmothers.
I don't remember it much, but I look pretty excited.
• Thanksgiving games! Each year my mom makes everyone answer a question during dinner. It started out simple, “What are you thankful for?” But that grew tired and she began asking different questions like what was your first job, pick only one food item to eat for the rest of your life and who are you voting for. That was an interesting year!
• I get to see how much my godson has grown since July! Last time I saw Henry he was only a month old—hardly bigger than our Thanksgiving turkey. I can’t wait to see him again.
I have a feeling he'll look something like this!
• I’ll get to see my nieces, too. I hear they love to play dress up now, which is perfect because I do, too!
They've already developed an appreciation for vintage apparel and trends!
Sounds like a good month! What are you looking forward to this month?