Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

To Boudoir or Not To Boudoir?



Boudoir photography Have you ever considered it? I really want to go for it, but nothing has worked out for me yet. I’m not hesitating because I’m too shy. I just haven’t found the right time to sink serious dollars into it. With most packages coming in at over $500, I have not felt financially ready to pull the trigger. I’m getting there. I think boudoir sessions are a great boost of confidence for us ladies. Our bodies are awesome things, all of us. Do you hear me? Yes, you. You’re hot. Sure, a boudoir session is an awesome gift to plan for your man, but I think every woman should also consider this a gift to herself. There, that’s like two gifts for the price of one. Does that justify the high cost? I’m warming up to the idea. When I finally do get there, here’s what I have in mind:

A fun little theme: I always like to do things a little differently, so it’s natural that I want to steer away from the typical lying on the bed/straddling a chair/leaning on the wall poses. I love taking baths, and I love taking baths in big claw foot bath tubs. I love vintage stuff, too. I think it would be fun to stage a pretty powder room shoot with lots of antique props like glass perfume bottles and hand mirrors. In my head everything is the perfect shade of blush pink.
Nice lingerie: I don’t believe in trashy lingerie and here’s why. Women buy that for men. Ladies, you should be buying lingerie for yourself. It should make you feel good, even when, no, especially when you wear it under your clothes and you’re the only one who knows it’s there. If it comes from France, chances are it will make you feel like Julia Roberts.
Hair and makeup: It’s a must. That is all.

Fun money saving tip -----> A lot of photographers offer special group rates. Why not plan a boudoir party in lieu of a bachelorette party? As you can see from the above image by Sarah Yates Photography, it looks like a lot of fun! See more here! Ask your wedding photographer if they offer any special packages for current  clients. Or looking into shooting (and shopping) in a pretty lingerie store like Faire Frou Frou in LA.


So lovely readers of the blog, what are your feelings on boudoir photography? Would you ever schedule a session on your own?

2 comments:

  1. Now that I've seen some truly fantastic boudoir shoots, I've been really interested in doing one myself. It's a major consideration for a first anniversary present for my hubs but seeing as that is coming quickly as are the extra holiday pounds, I'm not sure it will happen. Your pretty powder room theme is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been pondering it since going to a wedding expo last January. Something to save up for, that's for sure!! I know my hubby would love it. :)

    ReplyDelete