Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Home Inspiration: Fun & Inexpensive Finds from IKEA

Clockwise from top left: Vanlig ($3.99 for 6), Tobias chair ($79.99), pink and white color scheme, Lack side table ($7.99),  Skoja ($1.49), floating shelves in kitchen.

Yesterday Keith and I hopped over to IKEA in New Haven for a little inspiration. Keith is hard at work on his next home renovation project and we are thinking about re-doing our own kitchen. So we thought a trip to the Swedish mega-store would give us some good ideas. Now I am no stranger to our local HomeGoods and I had a feeling this trip could be dangerous. I was right. While I did not walk out with any shopping bags (this time), I found a few things IMUSTHAVERIGHTAWAY.

A while back I spotted a set of aqua wine glasses at Anthropologie and ever since then I have been dying for colored glassware. I loved the set I found in a modern little kitchen in IKEA. And for four dollars—BINGO! Since I don't have enough cabinets to just go around buying all the glassware I want, I'd like to add a set of floating shelves to our kitchen wall. Also, a ghost chair has been on my must-have list for some time now. I am dying to add one to my home office. Oh, and that green side table...it's $7.99. They came in white and black, but I think the green one is so fun. 


Now I am itching for a home makeover. I want a new closet and a new kitchen and a new bathroom and a new...you get the idea.

What are you lusting after right now?  

No comments:

Post a Comment