Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Will You Be My Vintage Valentine?

We are quickly approaching our first Valentine's Day as a married couple and I want to do something special for Keith this year. Since I find drug store cards to be very uninspired and impersonal, I thought I would look for something a bit more unique. I found what I was looking for at the English Building Market, a charming antique store in downtown New Haven.

Behold my Vintage Valentines...



I fell in love with the quirky sayings on these post cards and thought that Keith would get a laugh out of them. I love the bored expressions on the faces of the couple in the card that boldly states, "There isn't anyone but you." And I laughed out lout when I saw the card that says, "What makes you think I like you?" There was another that I didn't bring home, but thought was wildly appropriate for some of the conversations we've had here. It said, "Won't you let me change your name?" and had a picture of a man climbing through a giant wedding band holding a bouquet of flowers. How'd you like to be proposed to with that beauty?

What are you giving your sweetie for Valentine's Day? Are you newly wed or engaged couples doing anything special this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment