Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Weekend Challenge: Go Unplugged

Howdy folks. Friday's here and I can sense that you're all eager for the weekend to start. I know I am. I've already started dreaming of that glass of wine waiting for me on the other side of this work day. I'm coming for you Two Buck Chuck...

...Just as soon as I get through sending off a dozen e-mails (long ones) and checking in on Twitter and Facebook. Don't you feel like you're constantly glued to a computer or cell phone screen? I love smartphones, but the ability to blog, Tweet and e-mail from anywhere is getting a little out of hand.

This came up last night at an event I was attending. After chatting with two lovely ladies, we quickly snapped a photo and posted it online. Yes, it's super cool that we have the ability to instantly communicate, but we all commented on how we always feel so rude turning to our phones when we're out with other people. We joked that we need name tags that say, "I'm not rude, I'm taking notes on my iPhone!" (It was a work event) or "I'm not ignoring you, I'm following you on Twitter." We had a good laugh, but we each admitted that we have a hard time putting our phones down.

The smaller and more portable computers get, the easier it is to ignore the real world that's going on around us. Soooooo here's my weekend challenge to you. Unplug yourself! Stop staring at your phone screens and spend the weekend gazing into the eyes of the one you love. Twitter will still be there on Monday!



This is the kind of beauty I pass every day, but miss because I'm looking at my phone.
Luckily, I had my phone with me last night when I finally did stop and look up! 



Have a great weekend everyone.

Do you agree with me? Do we spent too much time Tweeting? And will you be joining me this weekend for an unplugged adventure? 

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME PIC. I'm glad you had your phone for that one too.

    ReplyDelete