Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

What's Your Dream Dress?

Just wondering: Did anyone pick out their wedding dress before they, um, were engaged? I'm 100 percent guilty of this, but I have a good excuse. I interned for a bridal magazine my senior year of college and in addition to researching hot honeymoon spots and fact checking real weddings I had the opportunity to assist the fashion editors. I got to work at one or two shoots, but I mostly just sorted through boxes of shoes and dresses in the "fashion closet". (Which was absolutely not a bad way to spend an entire day.)
I fell in love with this dress from a small designer in Seattle, Madina Vadache.


I died for this dress in, um, 2005. I didn't really think it would still be waiting for me when it came time to marry. I honestly kept my eye on it for years. And then all of the sudden it was Go Time and I kinda forgot about it. I still love this dress--the high lace collar and cap sleeves are so regal. But I didn't see myself in this dress on the big day.

So want to see what I did see myself in on the big day?

Anne Barge 612

Awwww. That was an awesome moment. Basically, I took my initial idea and pumped it up a little. I never tried on my dream dress, but once I was in my actual dress it was like no others existed. 

Am I the only one who picked the dress before the husband? And if so, did you stick with it?

2 comments:

  1. There really was only one dress for you and that was the one you wore on your wedding day!!!!
    Love,
    Your Mother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovvvvveeeeed your dress!! It was so beautiful on you in each and every way! That was my dream dress for you! lol

    ReplyDelete