Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Overheard on E! TV: Marriage Revelations from Kim Kardashian

“I’m learning so many things about him I didn’t know before,” a teary Kim confides to her mother in the back of a limo.

I was in the other room, but my head shot up when I heard this. I repeated the line to Keith. He laughed and silently wished I would find better shows to watch on a Saturday afternoon.

That line stuck with me. It repeated over and over in my head all afternoon. My first thought was something like, “Well, that’s why people date.” But when I kept thinking about it, I realized that I didn’t know everything about my husband when I married him. I knew a lot. I knew so much about him that I was certain any other little piece of information I could learn would not be a deal breaker. I knew about his political views, his cleaning habits and his feelings on Dave Matthews Band. And he knew all those same things about me. Flash forward nine months and we both know more about each other than we did on our wedding day. I learned that Keith likes his shirts laundered a particular way, which type of floss he prefers and that he gets really upset (like not just pretending) when the 49ers lose a big game.

I think I’ll continue to learn new things about my husband for a while. We don’t have kids yet, and I imagine that when we do we’ll learn a whole lot about everything. And I’m excited about that. Now I don’t want to comment on what Kim did or didn’t learn about her husband. It’s not my business (but she put it on national television, so I guess it kind of is). I’m simply relating her comments about marriage to my own situation.

Raise your hand if you’ve learned something new about your husband since you got married.And have a great weekend, everyone! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment