Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012: New Year, New Goals

Welcome 2012! I’m ready to start a new year. Keith and I had a great holiday filled with lots of family visits and great food. We ate and visited all week long. We saw parents, siblings, aunts and uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews and grandparents. We ate ossobuco, risotto, porchetta, carnitas and lobster mac and cheese. And we ate desserts—chocolate candy cane cupcakes, buckeye balls, chocolate covered strawberries with champagne and various cookies. I don’t remember the last time I indulged in so many sweets that many days in a row (last year). I’m going through dessert withdrawal. Someone get me a brownie! It was such a great week, but now I am ready to kick off 2012.

 Why did I not resolve to cut my hair this year? I really need a hair cut. 

I’m not one for making resolutions when the new year rolls around. Yes, I’d like to go to the gym more, but I’m too impatient to wait for a machine during the first week of the year. And the eating healthy comes naturally to me after a week-long Christmas cookie binge. Instead, I’ve set some goals for myself. I thought I’d share a few with you today since they’ve been bouncing around my head for a while now and I’d like to get them on the record. Here we go.

 More confidence. I’m good at many things. And I tend to stick to what I am good at. While I’ve still got so much to learn about life, I know I need to start taking more pride in what I have mastered. I think this goes well with my next goal:

Wear more high heels. Maybe health professionals disagree, but high heels make me feel good. I’m a big believer that what you wear affects how you feel. When I’m dressed great, I feel great and people notice. This is not new science, but sometimes my feet need a little reminding.

Meet new people. All of my friends live a good distance away. I told you before how I try my best to see them as often as I can, but I want some girlfriends (and couple friends) who live close by. I know we have to get more involved in our community and reach out more to our friends who do live close by. If happy hours and double dates are what it takes, I think Keith and I can manage this one!

Last, but not least, my goal this year is to be a better wife. I think I’m a good wife. A pretty great wife, in fact. I respect and support my husband in everything he does. I want to be better at letting him know that. By the end of this year I want to say that we’re closer than we were before. I think “the perfect marriage” is something a couple has to work hard to achieve and I want to spend my year doing that! 

Unlike my other lists, these are not tasks that I can just cross out when I’ve completed them. These are all things that I plan to keep in mind each day. If I can do that, I think I’ll have a great year!

What about you? What are your goals this year?

4 comments:

  1. BEST NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS IVE EVER READ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great New Year's Resolutions!! Cheers to 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2012! Wow, we have one of the exact same goals- be a better wife :-) Best wishes to reaching your goals & beyond~

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect goal for our first year of marriage. Don't you have an anniversary coming up? Can't wait to read about it!!

    ReplyDelete