Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Meet Wendy and Joe and their Chicago Wedding

Hello! Hello! Hello! Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend.

So I want to fill you in on my summer plans, guys. I can’t believe this is the first time I’m mentioning this on the blog, but it’s kind of a big deal and you all should know about it. My best friend and college roommate Wendy is getting married in July! She’s asked me to be one of her bridesmaids and little does she know that this also means she gets a little face time on the blog. (Hi Wendy!)

Wendy is marrying Joe. And let me tell you, ladies, he’s so great. And while he stole her away to Chicago seriously limiting the amount of time I get so spend with her, I still think he’s the best.

(courtesy of Wendy)                                           Wendy and Joe and The Bean

Wendy and Joe are getting married at Café Brauer, which is actually located in the Lincoln Park Zoo. I love this venue because it’s on the National Register of Historic Places and it’s a Chicago landmark. Funny, I don’t think it was one of Ferris Bueller’s stops and I thought that was how historic Chicago landmarks were picked. Regardless, it is such an amazing space. I love the tall ceilings and the green trim. The space is so pretty on its own, but I know Wendy has some lovely details in store.


 This place looks dazzling, don’t you agree?

I’m so excited to see how Wendy and Joe plan their day, and I’m so excited to be a part of it. Want to get a little peek at what Wendy has in mind? Check her out on Pinterest where she’s been pinning pretty things like crazy.

Is anyone else getting ready for summer weddings? You must be! Share all the details in the comment section.

7 comments:

  1. W.O.W.
    That building is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Chicago weddings are the bomb dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS venue! I can't wait to see it decked out for their wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the awesome post Libby!! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful friend, beautiful bridesmaid and wedding aficionado to bounce ideas off of!! Seven months to go!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby, I can't wait to meet you as we prep for Wendy's big day! Lovin' this blog, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Trish! Have we really not met? I feel like we're old friends already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha if we have I think it's only been once! Wendy does always keep me up to date your life though... No better way to really bond than to co-bridesmaid ;)

    ReplyDelete